11.30.2007

Denmark!

Sorry for the lack of posts these past two weeks. I've been busy happily sewing, wrapping up lots of design work and preparing for my departure to Denmark on Monday. I have been trying to get there for about a year and a half now. A few friends of mine moved there 2 years ago from Virgina and I said I would visit before or soon after their daughter, Cecilia, was born. Well, I'm a little late. Ha! She's a little over one now! They live in Kolding and are blissfully happy from what I can tell. I planned on spending some time in the very cool Copenhagen, shopping and site seeing before catching the train to Kolding. And this week a dear friend from Spain surprised me by agreeing to meet me there in Copenhagen for 4 days. The fact that I will be there on our shared birthday, December 10th, was convincing enough I guess. We're going to see the Danish band "Blue Foundation." I found them on myspace and thought they would be fun to see. Another reason for visiting is to meet with some folks at the Design School in Kolding. I'm interested in their textile graduate classes. Over the summer I realized I really wanted to dive into my love of textiles and see where it could lead… another business? perhaps design products and work with fair trade craftspeople in Nepal or Peru? who knows! It's a work in progress. I'll be sure to let you know what I think of the school as well as lots of beautiful pictures! Have a wonderful few weeks! See you on the 19th.

No comments: