11.04.2007

weekend finds

find one - a side table.

I've included a few images of my home in previous posts and this weekend I found the last piece -- a mid-century end table! Decorating my house has been a process. The goal was to purchase pieces that have some style but without taking from my travel budget. (I'm going to Denmark in December. I'll blog about this later.) The lightweight, inexpensive couch I found on Craigslist a few months ago set the style, mid-century Danish. Next I needed a light. I think lighting is one of the most important elements but it can be pricey. I got lucky when I found the large black lamp for a whopping $34 at an antique mall. Then today a friend and I stopped in at my favorite furniture resale shop, Lounge Lizard, and found the perfect end table. Ahhhh… I'm done! My housemates might not be thrilled but I am. I'm especially proud because I did not breakdown and buy anything at IKEA! I had fun supporting my favorite local shops, buying used AND I only spent $384 for a couch, a Wassily reproduction chair, a lamp, 2 light shades and a side table. ta-dah!

find two - a pair of mitts.

My second find was a pair of pink and red "knit mitts" from Texture Clothing. The weather is getting a bit chilly here in Portland and these will keep my hands nice and warm. I also look forward to wearing them while traveling in very cold Denmark next month too! Texture Clothing's website is very cute. I especially love the way Rachel Remple describes her shop: "Introducing the farm fresh, always stylish, eminently approachable, intriguing feel of texture. Welcome to the look of understated hip, with a contemporary flair and old world integrity. Delightfully different, texture combines fabulous fabrics and dynamic, clean design to create simple, functional clothing with spice".

No comments: