7.24.2008

my staycation

Sorry for the lack of posts this week. I meant to announce that I was going to go on a "staycation" for the next 2 weeks. I had aspirations of blogging about it but then got too busy with work… yep it's more difficult to get away from work when you don't leave your computer!

I decided to take a staycation because of a few reasons:
1. i didn't feel like rushing to wrap up work so i could rush to get somewhere and be exhausted from all of the rushing when i landed.

2. portland is so darn beautiful, i wanted to soak some of it up.

3. i work from home and tend to work everyday and most evenings. i thought it would be really nice to be at home without the stress of work. i live in a beautiful house, in a wonderful neighborhood and so just cooking leisurely, walking or sitting outside is like a vacation from the normal routine of a my work schedule.

4. i have a few errands that haven't been able to fit into my work schedule, like getting my car in for an oil change and a bit of service and dropping off some clothes at a consignment shop.

5. for the cost of a plane ticket, i can get a massage, facial and a few day trips!

Today is the forth day of my staycation. I was able to fit in a message and some volunteering at my local cooperative grocery store, but as I said, I mostly worked for the first three days. Today though, is feeling like a proper vacation. Last night, I went to bed before midnight, shut down both of my computers and actually read for a bit. This morning I happily left those computers off and went to enjoy a very long wonderful facial at Bellini's European Day Spa. It was fantastic! Sadly, I can't even remember the last time I had a facial. That needs to change.

So for the next week or so, I will be catching up on my reading, going to the studio to paint, riding my bike, writing some letters and seeing some people I've been missing. OH and getting lots of sleep! For those who don't know me, I am an early bird AND a night owl. I try to get in a siesta now and then but it doesn't always happen, so I'm frequently sleep deprived.

{ note! upcoming show: I will be showing my new Constellations paintings with Ryan Dobrowski at PiP Gallery at the Everett Station Lofts on August 7th for 1st Thursday. }

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds so lovely! I think it's a fabulous idea. I hope you have a very relaxing staycation! I am going to try and make your 1st Thursday show. I love your work.

sulu-design said...

A seriously brilliant idea. I hope you're enjoying it. And I'll definitely see you at PiP. Enjoy your time off, friend!