8.20.2008

Local Wednesday: Sarah Landwehr of Two Sarah's

by Sarah Landwehr
The handmade print measures 18" X 13." Edition of 50. $45

Red West
by Sarah Landwehr
Red and black screenprint on thick ivory colored paper, 18" X 24,"$50.

At last, the whorehouse print you've been waiting for.
(Sarah has a wicked sense of humor)

She goes on to say: "See if you can spot the trapper, the Madame, the undertaker, the banker, the sweeping boys, the sweet young "virgin," the rogue/miner etc. The numbers are their room numbers? I drew mostly from a bag of old photos I've collected, and there might even be a few of your relatives in their, fictionalized into my Boom-town brothel."

I was so happy when I saw she was selling at Doug Fir's Crafty Wonderland two weekends ago. She's so talented and so very nice! Pop into her studio on Last Thursday on Alberta Street (1627 NE Alberta, Portland, Oregon) and meet her! You will be delighted by both her work and her loveliness!

No comments: