12.29.2008

Music Monday: Pink Martini

Hello again! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and are preparing to celebrate the new year. My holiday was quiet, snowy and perfect. But after the holiday, I did go to one party that wasn't so quiet…

On Saturday I went to a party at Thomas Lauderdale's of Pink Martini, and wow can he throw a party! First, the space: a beautifully raw three floor industrial space filled with art, a 20 foot Christmas tree, and three bars. The first floor is Pink Martini's business office and the top is the apartment of Lauderdale and his partner. Second, the people: young and mature models, writers, artists, activists, film makers, drag queens, some decked in sequins, others in a stylish t-shirt and jeans. What made it all the more impressive was the atmosphere. It was filled with goodwill and dare I say, everyone was just really nice. I could have stayed all night!
Their music is delightful too. Here are their links: website, myspace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh. Aren't you lucky? That sounds just delightful!!