8.02.2007

Nesting

Wassily (reproduction) chair (original design by
Marcel Breuer in 1925-26)
purchased at a resale shop for $110

Well, I'm doing it again. Nesting, decorating, obsessing over color, shape and desperately trying to be frugal at the same time. Not an easy task! I've purchased a new (to me) couch and a Wessily chair to replace some of my housemate's furniture that will soon be with them to NYC. The sun was too bright to snap a photo of the couch, so I will do that later. I've also included some of my favorite colors around the house.

Metal birds that remind me of hood ornaments. I purchased them
with my mother some years ago at an antique sale in Iowa.
The red vinyl dot is one of my original "wall dots."

Full of color: my mother's favorite yellow and white "basket" design quilt, antique oak headboard (again, straight from the midwest), a little West Elm shelf and a colorful crochet blanket on a mid-century modern rocking chair. Eclectic… that's the way I like it!

No comments: